Bear this in mind when thinking about what’s most important to you. Its easy to get carried away with your wedding, with so many things available to make your day special the costs soon start to add up. Cost is obviously a factor when deciding on wedding suppliers, its important to check suppliers skills, experience and reliability – I’m still shocked at the amount of brides that contact me last minute as they have been let down by another artist. Or have flowers or cakes arrived completely the wrong colour or not to the standard expected.
The wedding photos most married couples have on their wall or as their new facebook profile picture is of themselves. The venue and overall feel of the wedding is important, the wedding day is about becoming the two of you becoming a partnership and celebrating your love for each other. Its so important that you both look and feel your best, and have a great photographer / videographer to capture your special day.
Once you have chosen your outfits, its time to think about how to accessories with jewelry, hair and makeup. As most hair and makeup artists are independent its important not to leave this too late as you will have less choice and may find the experience more stressful.
When thinking of hair and makeup, before deciding, ask yourself:
– Do you have bridesmaids, mums and other people that would like their hair / makeup done?
– Where you are getting ready on your wedding morning?
– Logistically do you have enough time for you all to get to the salon or regular hair stylist? Will your hairdresser be willing to come to you?
– If its only a few of you, would you prefer a separate hair stylist and makeup artist or someone that can do both?
– Do you have a hair accessory or vail that needs to be incorporated? Will you be keeping this on the whole day and evening or just for the ceremony (hair styles can be built up around accessories to ensure they will last the whole day – or ensure the accessory can be removed easily without messing up your hair)
– Have you got a hair / makeup styles in mind? I believe we are all unique and beautiful, however styling can enhance your features – do you want to feel like you, but on a very good day, or try a new style?
– Are you happy to do your makeup yourself? If you decide just to buy yourself a new makeup for the wedding day – will this cost the same as a makeup artist would?
– Will you enjoy doing your own makeup on a wedding morning? The morning can be quiet unpredictable and emotional (I am an experienced makeup artist however I still get very stressed trying to do my own makeup for a special event – especially when my husband is reminding me we are running late!!) It’s the onetime you should truly feel like a pampered princess!
– Have you got time to watch youtube videos to learn new techniques to ensure the makeup will last the whole day? Most photographers will tell you they have less editing when the bride had employed a professional makeup artist.
– If you are buying a new foundation are they the correct colour match? Will they still be the correct colour match in the big day (if your skin tine is changeable)
– Where are you getting ready? Do you have enough room to fit everyone in comfortably?
– Is there enough power and light for everyone to get ready?
– If your party is doing there own makeup, is there enough mirrors? (Make sure you look at your finished makeup at all angels in a mirror in good light!).
What are the benefits of having a makeup artist / hair stylist?
An experienced artist will be able to guide you on styles and colours to suite your skin tones and wedding outfit, help experiment and creatively suggestions on styles while also being realistic on what suites you. Even if you go for a natural look takes a lot of products and little touches to make you sparkle.
They will ensure the style will be picture perfect and the makeup last; using products that are long wear, tear proof and hardwearing and will look good under any light condition. Products like airbrush foundation are perfect for a wedding day as is flawless, long lasting and silicone based which is water resistant. They will also be and experienced, supportive company on your wedding morning.
They will also know how to enhance your best features, or disguise the ones you don’t! Either with some cleaver contouring or colour correcting.
It’s important to have a trial run of your hair and makeup, preferably on the same day and on the same day you can try on your dress so you can ensure they work together to complement each other appropriately. Also, remember to view the styles / look from a distance, as most photo’s and guests will be at a distance to admire your outfit!
It’s important to have a trial in plenty of time before the wedding, this is the opportunity to try out the style and also ensure you get along with the person doing your hair / makeup. A good artist will be able to listen to you and work with you to create a style, which will leave you feeling truly amazing. I believe makeup and hair styling is a personal preference – there is no right or wrong, its down to taste and expression, therefore it’s important your artist knows your style and helps interpret it through your hair and makeup which still feels like you. Its also really important you feel comfortable with the style – so when having the trial decide if you would like to have a 1-2-1 with your artist, or you would like your mum, bridesmaid or fiancé there to give their opinion.
Once you have completed your trial and agree on timings for the morning, its time to get ready for the big day!
If I can help with hair and makeup on your special day please get in touch
When you spray using an airbrush it atomises the product making the particles of make-up tiny. This is why airbrush make-up is used in HD TV and film. The particles in the make-up become much smaller than when it is conventionally applied and therefore less visible. HD TV picks up absolutely every imperfection! There are also hygiene benefits to spraying. When we use a conventional brush or our fingers there is potential to spread bacteria and germs across the face. By spraying Airbase make-up onto the face we can avoid this.
What about its staying power?
The silicone in the make-up makes Airbase incredibly long lasting and waterproof (and tear proof!). As silicone is heat resistant you don't get shine through as you can with water or oil based make-ups, and stands up to the intense heat of studio lighting and in bright sunshine... Airbase really does last all day.
You can build upon each layer to create the perfect coverage . Silicone foundation really does stand the test of time! It is this that helps give Airbase Make-Up its unrivalled durability. That means that your Airbase Make-Up application lasts all-day making Airbase perfect for bridal beauty - providing unrivalled durability
Luxurious feel and lightweight on the skin
It allows skin to breathe Airbase Foundation does not clog pores and allows skin to breathe. Last but not least, Airbase Silicone Foundation feels luxurious on the skin and is incredibly lightweight.
CND (Creative Nail Design) first created Shellac back in May 2010 and revolutionised the nail industry. Since then, it has become one of the most popular nail treatments..
Shellac is a hybrid, (meaning half nail polish and half gel) The product is applied like a polish to the natural nail (or over extensions) and is cured via a UV light. Because the product is cured, there is zero drying time.
When applied and removed correctly Shellac should not cause any damage to your nails - here are some for looking after your Shellac ...
No matter how many weddings I do, I am always really honoured to be a part of a brides special day.
I can honestly say I have really enjoyed meeting everyone I have shared their wedding day with, and I really hope my brides enjoyed their day as much as I enjoyed the morning.